|7:30 a.m – 1:30 p.m.||Registration|
|9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.||Opening Session|
|10:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.||Break|
|10:30 a.m. – 11:45 a.m.||Workshop Session One|
|11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.||Resource Fair/College Fair/Job Fair|
|12:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.||Complimentary Lunch|
|1:30 p.m. – 2:45 p.m.||Workshop Session Two|
|3:15 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.||Workshop Session Three|
|5:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.||Complimentary Dinner|
|6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.||Screening of Raising Zoey|
|7:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.||Post-Conference Lounges|
The Models of Pride conference includes three workshop sessions where you can choose between dozens of workshops in a wide range of content areas. Here’s a look at the workshops from last year. View the full list of workshops in the Parent & Professional Institute, including workshop descriptions & facilitator names.
- Advocating for LGBTQ Immigrant Youth's Rights
- Asexuality For Parents & Professionals
- Beers & Queers: Understanding Substance use in LGBTQ youth
- Beyond Safe Spaces: Tools for Parents and Caregivers
- Creating Bias-Free Classrooms: Stopping Homophobia
- Developing Critically Engaged Student Leaders
- Embracing Our Scars: Self-Harm 101
- Fat & Happy: Empowering Youth of Any Size
- From Negativity to Positivity: How to Support Yourself and Your Child
- Making Inclusion Reality: Implementing California’s Comprehensive Sex Ed and LGBTQ History Laws
- NB 101: The Basics of Nonbinary Identity
- OUT for Safe Schools™: What Does it Mean to Be an Active Adult Ally?
- Parenting the Trans Teen: What Happens After Transition Starts
- Partnering With Educators To Create LGBTQ-Positive, Gender-Expansive Schools And Classrooms
- Post-Transition: How You and Your Child Will Make it Through
- PrEP/PEP: Options for HIV Prevention
- Resist & Persist: Advocacy in Systems of Care
- Stuck in the Middle? Faith, Family, and Your LGBTQ Child
- Talking with LGBTQ Teens: Keys to Communication
- Teaching Tolerance and Respect in the Classroom
- The Parent's Point of View: From Coming Out to Becoming An Ally
- Unleashing Empowerment: Helping LGBTQIA Youth Activate their Inner-Queer Superhero
- Ver Película: Ojos Que No Ven/ Movie Screening: Eyes That Do Not See
- Want to Connect w/ LGBTQ+ Youth? Try YouTube.
- What You Don't Know About Your Child's Identity
If your profession or employer requires Continuing Educating Units (CEUs), the Parent & Professional Institute at Models of Pride is an unparalleled opportunity to earn the credit. The Parent & Professional Institute is tentatively approved for CE credits up to 5.45 hours for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and LEPs. Breaks, lunch, resource fair, dinner, and post-conference lounges are not eligible for CE credit. Details will be updated in the coming weeks.
Provider meets all applicable local, state, and federal standards, including the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), 42 U.S.C. §§ 12101-12213 (2008).