|7:30 a.m – 1:30 p.m.||Registration|
|9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.||Opening Session|
|10:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.||Break|
|10:30 a.m. – 11:45 a.m.||Workshop Session One|
|11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.||Resource Fair/College Fair/Job Fair|
|12:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.||Lunch|
|1:30 p.m. – 2:45 p.m.||Workshop Session Two|
|3:15 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.||Workshop Session Three|
|5:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.||Dinner (not provided by the conference)|
|6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.||Short Film Screening|
|7:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.||Post-Conference Lounges|
The Models of Pride 26 workshops will be announced in July 2018. In the meantime, below you can see the workshops that were featured as part of the Parent & Professional Institute (PPI) at Models of Pride 25. Here is a full list of workshops including descriptions and presenters.
- Asexuality for Medical and Mental Health Professionals
- Developing Critically Engaged Student Leaders
- Género y Diversidad Sexual *En Espanol*
- Love, Actually: Defining Healthy and Unhealthy Relationships with LGBTQ Youth
- Mi hijo/a es gay? Que hago? PFLAG Español *En Español*
- Our Bodies, Our Selves, Our Rights: Sex Ed for the 21st Century
- Sex, Love & Marriage: Dating in the 21st Century
- Shutting Down the B-Word: How to Empower Bullied LGBTQA Youth
- Suicide Prevention 101: LGBTQ youth
- The Parents’ POV (PFLAG): From Coming Out to Becoming an Ally and Everything In Between
- Understanding and Undoing Religious Homophobia
- Allyship in Action
- Born This Way? Reconciling Your Feelings as A Parent While Respecting Your Child's Coming Out Process.
- Families Afortunadas *En Español*
- GSA Best Practices
- Keeping Faith: Honoring Your Child and Your Beliefs
- Medical Care for Transgender Youth - Blockers and Hormones
- Meeting the Needs of Queer Youth of Color
- NB 101: The Basics of Non-Binary Identity
- Surprising – And Empowering – LGBTQ History
- Walking Through the Minefield of LGBTQ Teen Talk
- Adult Ally – How to Advocate with and For Your LGBTQ Student
- Becoming a Trans* Ally
- Gender Dysphoria – Beyond the Diagnosis
- LGBTQA Youth Detained: Following the Road to Custody
- LGBTQ Youth Suicide: Research and Practice Partnerships
- Making Health A Habit: Talking With Teens About Dating.
- Rainbow Connection: Helping LGBTQ Youth Build Communities
- So You Have a GSA, Now What?
- Supporting Trans Youth: A Mother & Daughter’s Perspective
- Un guía para entender, apoyar y alentar a los niños, jóvenes y familias LGBTQI2-S.
- Unpacking Queer Narratives of Black & Brown Youth in Systems of Care: A Youth Development Approach
If your profession or employer requires Continuing Educating Units (CEUs), the Parent & Professional Institute (PPI) at Models of Pride is an unparalleled opportunity to earn the credit. Details for available accreditations will be posted by July 30 when registration opens.