|7:30 a.m – 1:30 p.m.||Registration|
|7:30 a.m – 8:30 a.m.||Breakfast Social by GSA Network|
|9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.||Opening Session|
|10:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.||Break|
|10:30 a.m. – 11:45 a.m.||Workshop Session One|
|11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.||Resource Fair/College Fair/Job Fair|
|12:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.||Lunch|
|1:30 p.m. – 2:45 p.m.||Workshop Session Two|
|3:15 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.||Workshop Session Three|
|5:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.||Dinner|
|6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.||Entertainment Hour|
|7:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.||Dance|
The Models of Pride conference includes three workshop sessions where you can choose between dozens of workshops in a wide range of content areas. Below is the list of this year’s workshops for the Youth Track.
- Act Out: GENDER, POWER & CONSENT
- Advice From the Rainbow Lights: An Exploration of Gender and Identity
- All In or All Out: Owning Your Coming Out Story
- Asexuality 102: Aces and Aros and Grays Oh My
- Ask Anything: Queer Open Office Hours with NiK Kacy
- Astrology through the POC and Black experience
- Being LGBTQ in the U.S. Military: My Story
- Big Fat Love: Taboo Bodies, Taboo Desires
- Bisexual/Pansexual 101: Coming Out, Biphobia, and Living Well in 2019
- Black Queer Media
- Boys to Men: Examples of Healthy Masculinity
- Building Your Community: Activism Through Storytelling
- Call AAA: Ask An Asexual
- Can I Get An Amen?!
- Capital One Cafe Presents: Budgets Made Easy
- Clap Back: How to Shut Down Religious Haters
- "Coloring w/ Max and McKenna”: A YouTube Screening
- Coming Out in a Family of Color
- Constellation of You: A New Model for Understanding Gender & Sexuality
- Creating Safe & Brave Spaces: A Dialogue with Youth Leaders
- Disarming the Inner Bully
- Don't Yuck My Yum!!
- Drag isn't a Race! A Drag 101
- Drag King 101
- Dream Yourself Awake
- Educational Justice for LGBTQ Youth
- Embracing and Exploring the Bi+ Identity
- Empowerment through Creating for today's LGBTQ+ Activists
- For the People, By the People: Rethinking Identity
- From Surviving to Thriving: Harnessing Your Brain’s Potential to Create Empowered Change
- From the Yoga into the World
- G-Spot: A Pleasure-Based Workshop (18+)
- Get Home Safely: Queer Personal Safety and Self-Defense
- Grindr: Smart & Safe with Mobile Dating
- GSA 2.0: Expanding Opportunities for Growth
- How To Be A Better Boo
- How to Have a Kick Ass GSA
- How to Transition: A Holistic Approach
- I AM ME: Tips on How to be Authentically YOU!
- I’m Bored! There’s Nothing To Do
- Immigration Basics & Know Your Rights
- Intersections of Oppression: Disability & Race
- Intro To Meditation
- Intro to Youth Organizing - Power to Create Change
- Know Your Rights Intensive for LGBTQ and Gender Expansive Youth
- Laughter is the Best Medicine: A Comedy Workshop
- Let's Talk About JUULS
- LGBTQ Has Entered the Chat
- LGBTQ+ Youth and Human Trafficking; Everything You Need to Know
- LIVE Taping of “Coming Out with Lauren & Nicole,” with Special Guest!
- Makeover with Manny MUA
- Meet Your Queer Gramps and Grannies!
- Mentoring LGBTQ+ Youth: A Panel and Discussion On How Mentoring Can Support Your Dreams
- Mindful Art: Meditation & Creation
- Money Matters for the Young, Fabulous and Queer
- Move Your Feet to the Latin Beats Lets Dance!
- Out and Centered: An Interfaith Panel
- OutSet: The Young Filmmakers Project
- Pony Sweat: Fiercely Non-Competitive, Radical Dance Aerobics
- Power in Perversion: A Beginner's Guide to BDSM (18+)
- PrEP: A New Era In HIV Prevention
- Putting the “I” Back in Our Team: Intersex Solidarity
- QT: Queer Teen Podcast
- Queer Crafternoon: Zine History + Making!
- Queer Expression: Discuss, explore and create
- Queer History is Everywhere
- Queer Songwriting 101
- Queer Stories As Told By Our Elders
- Queering Self-Care: Yoga for Non-Binary People and Allies
- Queer, There, and Everywhere: A Book Club Meetup!
- Raising Parents: What an LGBT kid needs to know
- Raza Power: Out of the Closets, Out of the Shadows
- Ready for Your Media Interviews? Tell Your Story with Purpose
- Real Talk: Relationships - Healthy or Nah?
- Redefining Masculinities: Exploring new ways to relate to Masculinities
- Saving LGBTQ Lives: Teen Suicide Prevention
- Slaying the Dragon: Conquering Social Anxiety and Depression Through Tabletop Gaming
- Sound Bath Meditation
- Stage Spotlight: Getting Started in Theatre
- Storytelling: Your Story Matters
- Substance Use Risk and Resilience for LGBTQA
- Surfing the Rainbow: Connecting Youth and Elders
- Survivor Art Workshop
- Swiping Right Isn’t Always Right
- The Get Down: Bring On the Hip Hop
- The Kids Are All Bi+
- The Law is on Your Side: Know Your Rights at School and Beyond
- The Work our Elders Want Us to Do
- Trans History: Resistance and Resilience
- Turn Your Story Into a Short Film
- TV & Film Pitching: Telling Your Story
- Understanding Gender Fluidity from a Global Perspective
- WATCH ME! - a Queer Performance Workshop
- What's the Tea with HPV?
- Work your Quirks through MOVEMENT
- Yay for Va Jay Jay!
- Your Vote is Your Voice
Below you can see the awesome talent we have lined up for Models of Pride!
Joel Kim Booster
Joel Kim Booster is an LA-based comedian and writer. He cares deeply about cats, appointment television, various feuds and other useless shit. He is currently starring as Jun Ho in NBC’s SUNNYSIDE. His stand-up has been featured on THE LATE LATE SHOW w/ James Corden, CONAN, Netflix, Comedy Central and more. He has written for BIG MOUTH, THE OTHER TWO, BILLY ON THE STREET and others.
Kyra Jete has been performing in drag for years. Kyra is a member of the ‘Haus of Jete’ in Los Angeles. Kyra describes drag as an outlet for constantly discovering new talents and abilities. Kyra loves using drag to inspire people to live their truth and be who they want to be no matter what society says.
Birthplace in amish town, Lancaster, Pennsylvania. Born into the open arms of a farmer family. Due to her social skills, model physique, mediocre work ethic and allergic reaction to the soil, Karen's family purchased her a one-way ticket to Beverly Hills, CA. She was silent the entire plane ride, which caught the attention of famous European silent film star, LARZ. Karen is most recently known for The Beachball Repression's reality TV show, "The Beaches."
Hailed as one of the “20 LGBTQ new artists to fall in love with” by Billboard magazine, LEADR is embarking on a musical journey that aims to embody uplifting and positive motifs through his own dreamy, electric music. His recent single White Bird was featured in Vogue.
Tiffany Gouché (born September 20, 1988), also known as "TGooch," is an American singer, songwriter, and producer from Inglewood, California. Gouché garnered attention with her 2015 EP Pillow Talk. She has worked with Ty Dolla $ign, Solange, Anderson Paak, Jill Scott, Lauryn Hill, Missy Elliot, Iggy Azalea, Usher, Pussycat Dolls, and Terrace Martin.
Muñeca (is an L.A.-based Latinx drag queen who loves to entertain the crowd with her high energy performances. Her exquisite looks will surely awe the crowd at this year's Entertainment Hour and contribute to the amazing show!
Mr. Eatswood is a punk rock party clown that’s taking LA by storm from freak shows to drag shows. He’s a sight you’ve never witnessed before. He’s is a jack of all trades, a painter, makeup artist, fashion designer, prop maker, drag performer, and producer of multiple events here in Los Angeles including Checkmate$ (A Drag show happening every month at Redline bar in DTLA that features a cast entirely of Drag Kings.) He is also a member of local live music/ drag collective (Queer as Punk) and together coproduces IM//Power, a drag show created to provide a safe space for afab, trans, non-binary, and female identified performers in the drag community.
West Hollywood Elite
West Hollywood Elite is a cheerleading entertainment group established to support the LGBTQA community with fundraising and entertaining within our community with positive energy. West Hollywood Elite is an all volunteer Incorporated Non-Profit Association that is inclusive to all genders, races, and identities. We use entertainment as a platform both inside and outside of the LGBTQ community by raising funds for other Non-Profit groups, cheerleading and public relations events to maintain visibility and raise awareness of current topics in the LGBTQ community.
Be sure to check out these amazing organizations at the Models of Pride Resource Fair!
Be sure to check out these amazing schools at the Models of Pride College Fair!
Be sure to check out these amazing organizations at the Models of Pride College Fair!